Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year and Some of my Craft & Sewing Projects

It has been quite a while since I have posted.  It is a New Year and I am going to try my best to post to my blog as often as I can.

I also want to thank everyone who stayed with me, subscribed to my blog, came to visit my site and posted comments on my blog!

I want to show you some  items I made several years ago. I put them on Listia and auctioned them off.  I have put a lot of items on there and auctioned them off. It doesn’t cost money. You earn credits and bid on items with your credits.  Some things I made and some things are just items I no longer needed or wanted. I was able to get a lot of gifts for my family for Christmas and Birthdays by using Listia.

DSC05246DSC05247DSC05248

This Valentines box started out with a wood box I purchased from Michaels.I started out by taking the latches off and painting the inside. I  then covered it with scrapbook paper, added 3D stickers and ribbons. I cut  out some cardstock to look like small file folder inserts and covered them with paper, stickers and ribbons. I left room for a picture or a place for someone to write something.

DSC05244DSC05245DSC05322

This little beauty also started out with a wood box. I removed the latches and painted the inside. I drilled two holes in each side of the box  near the top of the bottom part of the box.  I also drilled holes in the front, top and bottom portions to attach a bead and elastic to hold the box closed..  I then got out my polymer clay and mixed some black and white together, rolled it out smooth and glued it onto the box. I made a little pocket for the front and glued it on as well.  I baked it in my oven till it was hard, let it cool and  then  I sprayed it with a couple coats of clear spray. I glued ribbon around the top and bottom, made a bead out of polymer clay for the front of it and attached black elastic to hook the button.  I added ribbons on each side for the handles which I attached with some brads that looked like screw heads.   I never got around to using it so after sitting in my cupboard for a couple of years,  I decided it needed to go to someone who would use it. I posted it on Listia  and auctioned it off.

DSC05286DSC05287DSC05288DSC05289

This purse is another I never got around to using so it was auctioned as well. I had some jeans that weren’t suitable for wearing any longer, so I cut them off to the length shown. I made some triangles out of a bandana and sewed onto the bottom, made handles out of a bandana and a tie that I put through the loops on the top of the jeans. I also made a lining for the purse. I got out some  red beads from my stash and sewed them around the outside of the pockets. I also put a wood horseshoe and a wood horse on the back pockets.

DSC05342DSC05346

These 2 purses/bags were just an idea in the  making. I started out by doing some scrappy quilting, then decided to make them into purses/bags. I lined both of them and they went to auction as well.

Most of the items I make start out as an idea and usually end up as something entirely different than I envisioned.  I seldom use patterns and even if I do, the items still  usually don’t end up like the pattern.  I normally just start something and work on it until I get something I like. If I don’t like it, then it gets recycled.

I take one day at a time and do what I can and hopefully accomplish something. Smile I am going to try really hard to work on my blog and  maybe you will come back to visit me. Would love to hear from you!

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year with lots of good things happening in your lives!!  Smile

Have a great day!!

Mrs. T

 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...